Thursday, May 29, 2008

HHIR Petition for an AZ & Talib Kweli Collaboration


Yes, yes y'all! This is serious! It dawned on me as I was listening to Talib's Liberation album from last year that an AZ/Kweli collabo must happen... soon! How it hasn't happened by now is nothing short of a fluke. Here we've got two of the nicest emcees outta Brooklyn who have never shared the mic before (to my knowledge). Vibing to the soulful compositions of 'The Show' (track one off of Liberation), AZ's voice couldn't help but pop into my mind. I dunno why... But what I do know is that we've gotta make this collaboration happen. I'm not asking for an album (although that'd be pretty cool too; of course, I'm still holding my breath for Black Star 2). Just a song!

The comment section is open for debate, discussion or even a simple "mark me down for this collabo, please!" Maybe, just maybe, with enough widespread support, we can get emcees to tap into the blogs and listen to the people's wishes! Let's start right here...


Follow-up/Edit: I've gotten some responses like "Yeah, but I wanna hear Mos & Kweli; Yeah, I wanna hear AZ & Nas." Well, so do I! But AZ & Talib never collabed before. That's the sole purpose of this petition...